Last nights dinner was so good I thought I should share it right away. I love Mexican food and quinoa so this seemed like the perfect option. The flavor was delicious and it only took about 20-30 minutes total which made it an easy weeknight meal!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans
1 jalepeno pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 cups enchilada sauce
1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (4 oz)
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 avocado-diced small
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) or 13×9-inch (3-quart) ceramic or broiler-proof baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and onion; cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
3. Reduce heat to low. Add quinoa, chicken, black beans, green chiles, chili powder and 2 cups of the enchilada sauce; stir to combine. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in Cheddar cheese. Transfer quinoa mixture to baking dish. Top evenly with pepper Jack cheese.
5. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Then turn oven control to broil. Place baking dish about 5 inches from broiler; broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from broiler. Top with your avocado